Building a Modern Church
Originally located at the eastern end of Carlton Place on the south bank of the River Clyde, Gorbals Parish Church has been around in some way shape or form since 1806. The first Church of Scotland building in the Gorbals was completed in 1810 and was designed by architect David Hamilton which featured a 174-foot high tower before it was ultimately destroyed by lightning.
Fast forward 200 years and the latest church is at the heart of the Gorbals near the Library and the new Health Centre. A modern church designed to be versatile with theatre rated audio-visual equipment, the new building is a hub of activity. From partnering with local charities to Sunday worship, a warm welcome awaits you.
A Global Church
From India to Mozambique; Czechia to the US, our congregation stretches across the globe. We reflect this diversity through worship whether that's through hymns, prayers or reflections.
Find out more by following the link below.
Over the course of 25 years, Gorbals Parish Church has supported the local community through two Charities that we have helped to set-up. These are Bridging the Gap, an ecumenical charity focused on building positive relationships within the community, and Giving it Laldie, a community music charity involved in improving the wellbeing of others.